P11581: PCC Thread Role Die Measurement/public/
- The Morph chart is a method for coming up with design ideas for specified parameters.
- The selected concepts came out of selecting a different design idea for each of the parameters. Each column represents a different overall system design.
- The Pugh chart is a method used to score the
different concept ideas. The scoring parameter are given
a weight and then each design is compared to a base
design. For example the chart on the left is comparing
design two and design three to design one. Then each idea
is scored simply:
- 1 = better than the datum
- 0 = the same as datum
- -1= worse than the datum
- Results of this analysis show that Design 2 has clear advantages over the other design choices.