P11582: PCC Rivet Inspection Automation/public/
Development & Test Plan
Phase 1 - Individual Component Testing
To be completed during the fabrication stage, as noted on the project plan
- Develop and test serial communication procedures between computer and measurement device. Should be able to achieve complete control of optical micrometer from computer.
- Develop and test serial communication procedures between computer and stepper motors. Should be able to achieve complete control of stepper motors from computer.
- Develop and test first revision of data handling routine, based off simulated rivet data. Routine should be able to correctly identify locations of rivet features, and perform data manipulation to obtain measured results.
- Test first revision data handling routine on additional simulated rivet profiles, with added noise and loading angles. Routine should be robust, and able to prevent false readings. Error handling will be in place to force a restart if an error occurs.
- Construct and build motion stages. Motion must be smooth and continuous.
- Construct and test part holding chuck fixture. Must be easy to load/unload, and hold parts at a repeatable position.
Phase 2 - System Integration and Testing
To be completed during the testing stage, as noted on the project plan
- Test completed run sequence on fully assembled system. Program must be able to drive stages appropriate distances at specified times. Program must be able to communicate with micrometer, to send commands and receive measured values.
- Test data handling routine on complete system with real parts. Modify program as necessary to produce repeatable, correct measured values.
- Develop and implement calibration routine. Routine should be highly automated, with little input from operator. Refer to Keyence LS series owners manual, Chapter 4 - Calibration Settings, for details of 2-point calibration procedure. Develop additional sequence for calibrating length-wise measurements, to account for variations in lead screw pitch and motion stage. Specific calibration hardware TBA and to be purchased early in MSD2.
Phase 3 - System Integration and Testing
- Final testing of complete system. Finalize calibration routine and user interfaces. Expand capabilities to several different rivet models.