Table of Contents
Meeting Notes March 16, 2012
Look over what team 12015 completed and make appropriate changes to MSD II Schedule.
Determine which items needs to be ordered based on what was purchased last quarter and timing/need of the item.
There is a possibility of RFID reader damage caused by overheating last quarter. Test the reader to ensure no damage. If there is damage, then order new one.
Create a large PCB before ordering the actual one because of the difference in costs.
Housing tests need to be moved to after week three since changes might be made to PCB size which will result in changes to housing.
The RFID reader’s actual size need to be adjusted in the housing. Adjustments need to be made because of the hole placement on the RFID.
Meeting Notes March 19, 2012
Product ordered (all of the product should be in by Friday)
- 12 button Keypad
- Vibrating Motors
- Slide switch
- Battery jumper wire connectors
Electrical/ PCB update:
- Adjustments are being made to the schematics based on previous teams information in order to start working on both the large and small PCBs
Housing and attachment
- Changes have been made to the housing design: Increased the thickness to 2mm (because of 12015’s results), increased the width of the housing, and changed the placement of the holes to best accommodate the RFID reader.
Meeting Notes March 23, 2012
The battery that was decided on last quarter is not available and we were not able to contact the company. Therefore, it was decided to use the previous team’s battery since it meets all our specifications. However, since the battery has a different shape changes need to be made to the housing.
Housing and attachment:
- Need to change the battery door to accommodate the new battery.
- Need to test input and output reliability.
- Create housing prototype in order to test the snaps and drop test
- Currently working on the large PCB and the small PCB simultaneously.
- Since the PCB in on the critical path we need to finish the Large PCB and order is ASAP
- Order breakout boards so that they will be here before the large PCB so no additional time is wasted.
- Currently working on the path following algorithm, magnetometer testing and circuit.
Meeting Notes March 26, 2012
- Small PCB needs approximately another 4 days of work to be complete.
- Pitch adjustments need to be made to the large PCB before it can be ordered.
- Ensure that all the parts needed to build the large PCB are available.
- No new updates on the path following algorithm (needs to be done by week 5 in order to stay on schedule)
- Were not able to get the magnetometer to work. Will continue to work on it along with path following algorithm.
- Snaps are very rigid. A larger clearance is needed. In addition, they need to be thinner and longer. Need to recheck calculations.
Meeting Notes March 30, 2012
Housing Update and attachment:
- Adjustments have been made to the housing based on the prototype housing and drop test.
- Also, currently measuring components and making adjustments, if needed, to CAD drawing.
- Input and output testing will be put on hold until later in the quarter in order to finish the path following algorithm.
- Determine the diameter of attachment needed based on both male and female 95th percentile.
- Try to order the PCB by this week in order to stay on track with schedule.
- Magnetometer: testing can be done by electrical engineers as long as the code is written.
- Still working on path following algorithm.