Table of Contents
Meeting Notes April 2, 2012
- The Large PCB has been ordered. However, the breakout board have not and need to be done so ASAP
- Still working on the Small PCB
- Magnetometer testing is complete. Tilt affects results which may affect outcomes. More testing is needed.
- Housing and Attachment
- Housing update with new battery door has been created. Battery has been placed between keypad and PCB in order to not increase space.
- Create another housing prototype in order to test the new snaps along with new battery door.
- A warming sleeve was bought in order to be used to attach the housing and motors to the arm. The sleeve is loose near the wrist where we were planning on placing the motors.
- Testing needs to be done with the motors and attachment in order to ensure that the output can be felt by the user.
Meeting Notes April 9, 2012
- Large PCB has not been reviewed yet.
- The small PBC has been created but need to check the height of the magnetometer module.
- Breakout boards have been ordered last Friday. However, they have not been received yet.
- Housing prototype should be done by tomorrow.
Meeting Notes April 16, 2012
Small and Large PCB:
- Print out small PCB in order to ensure everything fit properly with other components and with the housing before ordering.
- Currently building and testing the large PCB.
Housing and attachment:
- Fabric was sewn onto the attachment in order to secure housing. It was determined that the opening on the housing should be wider to allow the attachment sleeve to be tighter (if needed by the user)
- Waiting for the top two pieces of the housing to be remanufactured using the other orientation.
- Magnetometer testing: The code needs to be updated since it did not include the accelerometer.
- Still working on the path following algorithm
Meeting Notes April 20, 2012
Housing and attachment:
- Motor placement was tested to determine if output can be felt and understood by the user. Placing the motors on the wrist will not work. It was determined to place one motor near the thumb-hole and the other to the left of the hand.
- Magnetometer Testing:
- A new program was created to include both magnetometer and accelerometer.
Meeting Notes April 23, 2012
- Ordered the small PCB. It should arrive by Friday
- Currently debugging and testing the large PCB. Will run a simple program on the microcontroller.
- The top and bottom piece fit well together. However, we should decrease the tolerance for the battery door because it is too loose and slides off the snaps.
- Changes that need to be made:
- Reduce tolerances to approximately .005”
- Increase the surface area of the snaps so that they are not too flexible.