Table of Contents
The Final Poster is available for review and reference by the public.
The Final Paper is available for review and reference by the public.
The Final Presentation is available for review and reference by the public.
Proposed future work for the system include:
- Further weight reduction.
- Further cost reduction.
- Powder coat system to provide enhanced corrosion protection.
- More adjustability in the system for a variety of users and the constraints of the Sonar keelboat.
- Design for environment development.
- Design for assembly (DFA) development.
- Implement electronics and/or mechanically actuated parts that allow the user greater control of the boat with minimal effort exerted.
Challenges for Future Teams
Based on the challenges faced during this project, the project specific challenges that may be faced by future teams include:
- Logistical sophistication is required to maintain a strong connection with the customer despite the challenges faced on time, resources, and physical boundaries and disabilities.
- Attention to detail required when designing the system to appropriately fit the customer. Adjustability in the system can offset this challenge. Fitting sessions with the user highly is recommended.
- Attention to detail required when designing the system to appropriately fit the Sonar Keelboat. Adjustability in the system can offset this challenge. Multiple excursions to the boat is highly recommended.
- Knowledge of sailing is crucial when designing the components to appropriately perform their functions without creating complications elsewhere.
- Safety is critical during the development of the system due to the significant liability that can be imposed on the team if the user is harmed while the system is in operation.