P12401: Wind Energy Collection to Energy Bank/public/
Previous & Current RIT Senior Design Projects
P11401: Portable High
Power-Density Energy System
- Description: A portable energy system that was designed and fabricated to capture energy from the wind and store it for later use.
- Pros: Has the same five core functions as the WECEB system. Can be easily relocated. Was made from a previous MSD team which means it is a perfectly sized project.
Products, Projects, & Patents External to RIT
Southwest Windpower Air Breeze & its
- This is a small yachting turbine that is intended to charge an energy bank. The turbine's relative size is seemingly very close to our system's needs. Its owner's manual is also a great benchmark for the one P12401: WECEB will need to create.
Gudcraft Wind Generators, Controllers, and
- While these systems are a bit cheaper than Southwest, they seem like perfect fits and potential buys for our WECEB system.
NOTE for patents: Cannot use designs
for profit. Simply use for potential guidance.
- The following patents offer solutions and possible technology applications for renewable and sustainable energy systems:
Mission Statement | Stakeholders | Benchmarks | Constraints | Objective Tree | Customer Needs | Engineering Specifications
Work Breakdown Structure | Function Structure Diagram | Concept Generation | Concept Selection | Risk Analysis | Initial Design Documentation | Systems Design | Detailed Design