P12412: UV Water Treatment Safety Valve/public/
Table of Contents
Final Model Design: Irrigation ValveAfter the decision to scrap the mouse trap valve concept, we moved back to the original, off-the-shelf option we had. This option was available on the internet for a price that was relatively inexpensive ($32/pair). Considering the overall costs associated with the kiosk, this price was determined to be insignificant compared to the safety and reliability benefits the valves will supply. They are intended for low flow, low pressure irrigation purposes which fit our project perfectly. The particular model we chose uses an electrically controlled solenoid valve which requires electric power to be open. This passive-closed system integrates well with the needs of the project to stop water flow when power is lost.
Weathermatic 12024E-10-H Irrigation Valve
- Outlet side shown
- Large black structure is the solenoid
- Bolts are used to firmly connect base to top
- Black lever below solenoid is for manual open
Intended Use Setup: Irrigation
- Illustration shows intended use setup
- Water flow to the left
Valve and Solenoid Assembly Instructions
- Can be used for diaphragm cleaning
Comparison to Other Valves
This is a comparison of the Weathermatic valve to some of its competitors.
Valve SupplierWe purchased the valves off this website for $16.69 per unit.
- Note that all diagrams, pictures, and PDF files about the Weathermatic valves were taken from http://www.weathermatic.com/index.cfm?page=Downloads.