P12472: Solar Stirling Generator/public/
- Added link to gerber files package
- Added link to drawings PDF
- Added link to zipped solid modeled design package
- Stay on top of design
- Paper write up
- Meeting Times for next quarter
MSD IIProject Schedule:
- Machining took much longer than initially calculated
- Rework on the crankshaft due to issues with construction
- Redesign of mounting brackets
- Base-plate redesign
- Redesign of connecting rod – power piston, displacer piston connections
- Fine-tuning of piston seals
- Time was managed, engine was still built by week 8 but is currently not working due to mechanical issues
Engine Friction Issues
- Stirling engine does not run, possibly due to:
- Crankshaft Misalignment
- Friction in connecting rod bearings
- Under-designed mounting brackets
Recommended Future Improvements:
- Higher machining precision and sturdier design in mounting structure and crankshaft.
- Higher precision in crankshaft - connecting rod – piston assembly.
Objective Project Evaluation:
- Overall, the electric portion of the project met all of the specs and customer needs.
- The mechanical section ran into a couple snags with respect to friction and mechanical binding.
- Built to our design, but unable to run.
- For future iterations, we recommend a sturdier mounting structure and crankshaft and an overall stringent precision with respect to the crankshaft assembly.