P13222: Turbocharger Integration/public/
Table of Contents
This page is dedicated to all information regarding the detailed design concepts developed during Senior Design I. Information such as schematics, analysis, simulation, etc. are documented below.
Prototyping, Engineering Analysis, Simulation
- Here, the black line is representative of the operating conditions of the simulated WR450 engine with the Garrett GT06 Turbocharger. This verifies that our turbocharger choice is well suited to the engine application due to the location of the curve through the efficiency map.
- The engine is predicted to make roughly 13 hp and 3 ft-lbs of torque more than the naturally aspirated version on the previous car. This is a 27.7% gain in power and a 8.3% gain in torque, which satisfies the customer needs requirements for the team.
- This shows the pressure distribution throughout the simulated engine system in GT-Power.
- This shows the temperature distribution throughout the simulated engine system in GT-Power.
- Initial intake plenum design taking advantage of Helmholtz resonator style intake runner.
- Full car integration model of intake, exhaust, turbo, and intercooler.
- This graph shows the RIT FSAE developed lap time simulator results based on the conditions seen in the legend.
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, Simulations
- The physical mounting system of the turbo will involve a direct mount to the roll-hoop in the car and take advantage of the existing mounting points on the exterior of the turbo.
- This is a cross section of the boost control solenoid we are using to control the boost levels throughout the RPM range. This will also allow us to decrease boost levels for our endurance competition to save fuel for the fuel economy scoring.
Bill of Material (BOM)
- Updated on Systems and Detailed Design Pages
Detailed Design Review
- Links to the Power Point presentation and Official DDR document are seen below: