Table of Contents
Website should document your journey through MSD, so include work-in-progress as well as latest results. Use pdf's for display whenever possible so that information is easily viewable without the need to download files and open applications. (Your EDGE file repository should still contain original files).
Sample categories are listed below, but feel free to
change or add nodes to better correspond to your project
and your Guide’s expectations.
Life Straw: http://www.vestergaard-frandsen.com/lifestraw
Slow Sand Filtration: http://www.cdc.gov/safewater/sand-filtration.html
EPA Water Treatment: http://www.epa.gov/nrmrl/wswrd/dw/smallsystems/treatment.html
Concept Development (generation, improvement, selection)
Systems Design Review
PresentationFriday - October 12, 2012
System Design Review Presentation
- If using a gravity fed system, what issues with head arise?
- At what point is improvment on fluoride removal system worth it?
- Can we have a separate fluoride removal system?
- Have we considered a French Press Design?
- Gravity filters are very slow!
- Work on combining PUGH systems to make one good system
- We need a test procedure for taste and smell
- Will agitation help fluoride removal? Compare it to packed column
- Where can Maringa be grown?
- Need more specific actions and effects on Risk Assesment
- PRP should be "Lots of 1000", not 100
- Need to start architecture
- Research more on eggshells
- Can we "re-activate" bone char?