System Planning and Design
Table of Contents
This page contains most of our team's initial documentation. Many of these documents were created as part of the MSD I curriculum exercises.
Concept Development and Brainstorming
Given the Project Readiness Package, we were able to generate the following brainstorm-stage documentation within the first few weeks of MSD I:
- Customer Needs
- The customer needs document summarized the needs we were able to identify in the PRP.
- Functional Decomposition
- The functional decomposition pinpointed our project objectives, and narrowed down the methods we would use to reach these objectives.
- The brainstorming followed our functional decomposition, and was simply ideas we were able to generate off the top of our heads as to what method we would use to detect leaks.
- Pugh Diagram
- The Pugh Diagram was used to determine if our method of using an hydrophone was the best possible solution. The different methods we used to compare are detailed HERE.
- Engineering Specs
- Our set of engineering specs are based on our customer needs.
Risks and Concerns
- Initial Risk Assessment
- After creating tangible specifications, we generated a document that identified our concerns that may arise in meeting these specs.