P13481: Underwater Leak Detection/public/
Test Results & Specification Self-Assessment
- Prototype has been waterproofed. A combination of gaskets and silicon were used to waterproof the device.
- It is assumed a production model will be injected molded making the waterproofing much easier.
- Circuit has been tested in a controlled leak environment, and will detect leaks within ~6 inches.
- Power consumption has been measured in a lab using a multi-meter. Approximate current consumption under full LED load is ~200 mA. Given that one 9V battery contains ~500mAhours, the approximate life of the circuit is ~2.5 hours. Although there are two batteries in the prototype circuit, the LED circuit operates from +9V to ground, and therefore consumes more power on the positive supply end. However, given that there are two supplies and that the LEDs are only consuming maximum current for a short time (until a leak is found), the ~2.5 hour circuit life is an absolute worst-case scenario.
- Due to the fact that the prototype circuit was built on a small protoboard, it can fit inside the current prototype shell.