Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
|EE||Andy Anthony||Stephen Brown|
|CE||Stephen Goss||Peter Hood|
|ME||Jose Portugal||Cameron Staunch|
Design and develop a camera system that offers highly competitive value in the market place.
Team Norms & ValuesThe project team will adhere to the following code of ethics and values.
Customer NeedsThe customer's needs are designated as follows:
SpecificationsThe specifications so as to satisfy the customer's needs are designated as follows:
The risk assessed for this project is designated as follows:
Project Plans & SchedulesThe project plan & schedule is as follows:
Meeting Minutes, Notes, & Actions
Project ReviewsFor previous iterations, please refer to MSD I...
PCB Stack Assembly
A copper cold finger plate was placed within the board stack to allow heat to dissipate quickly from the FPGA surface, which can produce up to an estimated one watt of heat. Heat conducting double-sided thermal tape was placed between the cold finger and FPGA, and conductive thermal pads were placed on the ends of the cold finger to improve thermal conductivity between the cold finger and housing.
Three different assemblies are available. The user can
choose a self focusing M3-F focus module made by New
Scale Technologies, a standard fixed focal length M12
lens with lens holder, or a adaptable housing for a
variety of C-Mount lenses. When assembled, the thermal
pads are compressed between the front and rear housing,
the compression improves thermal conductivity.
Refer to this link for assembly instructions
- The heat sink on the rear increases the surface area to increase heat dissipation. The fin spacing was optimized by calculating the optimum balance between the boundary layer interference of the air flow and the increased surface area by adding more fins. Optimized spacing was determined to be 7.2mm between a total of four fins.
- Incorporate groves for 15% compression reaching IP64 (Water resistant) standards and four mounting holes for fastening camera.
- The distance from front surface of the C-Mount Housing to the surface of the sensor is 17.526mm (.690") to match the Flange Focal Distance of standard C-Mount lenses.
- While designing in a small scale, tolerance analysis was incorporated to ensure proper fits, clearances, sealing, focusing, and alignment. Dimensional Tolerance Stack-Up
- Since M12 Lenses will be located within the enclosure, the M12 holder chosen was done so to optimize the wide variety of lenses able to fit within the module. Focal lengths of the lenses vary. The standard lens for this product chosen was the UKA Optics VL-1625IR lens, fitting within the housing for both the M3F and M12 Holder assemblies. Lens Sizing Comparison
- Anodized surface finish to increase abrasion and corrosion resistance while reducing electric conductivity.