Table of Contents
You may want to consider putting files you link to here in the SLDR_Documents directory.
Previous Air Muscle MSD Projects
- P13029 - Jumping Robotic Tiger
- P12029 - Biomimetic Robotic Ant
- P11029 - Biomimetic Crab
- P09023 - Air Muscle Artificial Limb Next Gen
- P08024 - Air Muscle Artificial Limb 2
- P08023 - Air Muscle Artificial Limb 1
Control Glove Options
- Flex Sensor Glove
Current Competitive Products
- Arduino Robotic Hand
- Haptic Feedback of Mechanical Hand 1
Feedback of Mechanical Hand 2
- The hand has four fingers that are moved with electric motors. The control system is a glove with flexible resistors on it. When the user flexes their hand the robotic hand follows their motion. Force sensitive resistors are used on the robotic hands fingertips. When these force sensitive resistors are subjected to force they cause small electric vibrator motors on the user's fingertips to provide feedback.
- A humanoid robot, with knuckles to provide proper dexterity. Photo 23 provides good view of knuckles.
Technology CAD drawing for ARM robot
- ARM manipulator with CAD models and drawings
Institute of Technology Dextrous Hand
- Research paper that discusses the development of a pneumatic dexterous hand
- Enhanced Design of a Pneumatic Artificial Muscle for Musculoskeletal Robot (PDF)
- Hydraulic McKibben Muscle Research
Packbot 510 Main Page
- Packbot provides a good model for arm functionality, but the gripper has little dexterity.
- iRobot Packbot 510 Main Page
- Kraft Telerobotics
Project Using Sea Water as Hydraulic Working Fluid
- The Navy experimented with using seawater as the working fluid to develop a new diver operated tool system. More than sixty hours of problem free operation were achieved during the concept testing.
- Open Hand Project
- Preliminary Design of an Anthropomorphic Dexterous Hand for a 2-Years-Old Humanoid: towards Cognition
- DS1 is a basic arm with very poor dexterity. DM4 is larger with poor dexterity.
- RE2 DS1-MA specs
- Robot Shop air muscle information (PDF)
- Shadow Robot Company
Comparison to Competitors