P14254: Underwater Thermoelectric Power Generation/public/WikiPages/
Systems Design Review
Table of Contents
CommentsRick Lux commented that the analysis seemed uneven and several reviewers agreed that this presentation reflected that we only had a concept, rather than a true system design.
- Did not provide schematics of proposed system(s).
- Monitoring must be separate from the charging system.
- MPPT and charging algorithms were not identified.
- Analysis lacked considerations of battery safety.
- Battery charge rate may too high for too long.
- Planned test times of 0.5hr are too short.
- Heat sink analysis good, but somewhat misguided. Dr. Stevens felt that
the convective resistance of the heat sink would not be an issue.
- Project Plan should include individual tasks.
- Clamping thermoelectrics will probably not be much of an issue.
- Dr. Stevens worried that we may be looking to jump into in depth analysis
before we have all the high level analysis done.
- The test plan is well documented and systematic
- The analysis of thermoelectric configuration is thorough
- We developed many of the pieces of a true system design, but we
just need to focus them into cohesive designs.