Table of Contents
- MSP430x6xx series: 25MHz, 25 MIPS, 567 instructions per sample @ 44.1KHz sampling.
- PIC24F16KL402 FAMILY: 32MHz, 16 MIPS, 363 instructions per sample @ 44.1KHz sampling.
- Ashly Protea™ 4.8SP: twin 120MHz Motorola DSP56362 high performance DSP processors, 100/120 MIPS, 2268 instructions per sample per channel @ 44.1KHz sampling.(Additional Features beyond compression)
Standard Attack and Release times:
- Ashly CLX-52: Attack 200microS – 20ms, Release 100ms – 3 Seconds.
- DBX 1066: Attack 3 -.04 dB/mSec, Release 250 - 5 dB/Sec.
-There is roughly 23 micro seconds between samples @ 44.1KHz.
Concept Development (generation, improvement, selection)
- Use software to test signal quality
- Possible to test using Audacity
- Signal quality traits: threshold, attack, ratio, etc…
- Use humans to test audio quality
- Example is how natural the signal sounds
- Invite a group of audio enthusiasts and a group of ordinary people
- Have them listen to 3 processed audio clips and rate which one is the best
- The audio chip should be picked as sounding the best over a certain percentage of the time in order to be considered acceptable