Table of Contents
Website should document your journey through MSD, so include work-in-progress as well as latest results. Use pdf's for display whenever possible so that information is easily viewable without the need to download files and open applications. (Your EDGE file repository should still contain original files).
Sample categories are listed below, but feel free to change or add nodes to better correspond to your project and your Guide’s expectations.
You may want to consider putting content related to this node in the DDR_Documents directory.
Prototyping, Engineering Analysis, SimulationNeed to add a link but refer to the systems design page for simulation results. No prototyping will take place until MSDII.
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, Simulations
Bill of Material (BOM)Water System BOM
|115V industrial diaphragm pump||1||Downspout adapter||2|
|Gutters (10' sections)||12||Gutter end caps||2|
|Gutter slip joints||12||Water tanks(500 gallon?)||2|
|Gutter mounting screws||48||Tank outlet valves||2|
|Gutter seal lubricant||1||Hose adaptors to fit valves||2|
|Conduit clamps||2||Tank cap seals||2|
|High flow drop outlets||4||Wire nuts||16|
|Downspout elbow||2||Garden hoses||2|
|Power switch||1||Drip lines||4|
|Pump||1||Line emitter valves||8|
|Pressure regulator||1||Hose clamps||6|
|Header line||24'||Drip line ends||4|
Light System BOM
|600 W Metal Halide Bulb||8|
|Light Meter (optional)||1|
|Paneling Breakdown||Quantity Needed|
Test PlansTesting Of Subsurface Heating
- Study the experiments of Oregon State University
- Buy small lengths of heating cable and bury with temperature probes placed at distances that will establish a gradient. Results may be expanded with a regression model.
Panel Hardness Testing
- Conduct hardness testing using RIT labs
- Establish vandalism parameters using ergonomic data
- Possibly buy small samples of paneling and allow students to try to break them
- Create small scale simulations using pseudo systems. Trials will be run and from this data distributions and confidence intervals for changeover time will be established.
Air/Soil Temperature Changes Due to Halide Lighting
- Create a test using a single halide light. Time to equilibrium temperature and heat dissipation will also be studied.