Table of Contents
Through the subsystems design process, extensive initial research was completed in order to prove feasibility of the project. Research was also done on selection of components, which developed into a top level BOM.
Atmel's ATMega328P 8-Bit Processor in 28 pin DIP package with in system programmable flash
- 32K of program space
- 23 programmable I/O lines 6 of which are channels for the 10-bit ADC.
- Runs up to 20MHz with external crystal.
- Package can be programmed in circuit.
- 1.8V to 5V operating voltage
- External and Internal Interrupt Sources
- Temperature Range: -40C to 85C
- Power Consumption at 1MHz, 1.8V, 25C
- Active Mode: 0.2mA
- Power-down Mode: 0.1uA
- Power-save Mode: 0.75uA (Including 32kHz RTC)
Three environment variables will be monitored - ambient temperature, ambient light, and panel output voltage. These three environment variables provide the necessary knowledge to judge the presence of snow.
Additionally, type K thermocouples will be used, in conjunction with the AD595 thermocouple amplifier, to monitor panel temperature for control feedback.
Bill of Material (BOM)Bill of Materials Excel File
- Test Ink
- Verify heat dispersion, and ink durability
- Test Control System
- Verify appropriate output signal and system response
- Test Battery
- Verify battery life/performance and response to cold
- Test Power/Charging Electronics
- Verify power output and charging capabilities
- Test Sensors
- Test different sensing options
- System Integration Test
- Verify all subsystems operate together
Design ReviewsSubsystem Design Review Presentation
Presentation, notes, actions from all appropriate reviews.