P14712: Frozen Cookie Capacity Increase/public/
Table of Contents
- Simulation was used to analyze the productivity with and without a QA delay in system. Expected approximately 5% increase in daily output and 10% increase in worker utilization when QA delay was removed. Modified QA process to eliminate downtime.
- Downtime existed on mezzanine line (~12% hourly downtime). Process changes to spark reduction.
- No real time feedback mechanism to communicate daily progress.
- Modify break schedule to align with delays in certain tasks.
- Concept generation wasn’t brainstormed early enough. Delayed installation (no contingency planning).
- After they increased worker utilization, an ergonomic analysis was completed.
- Had to change their scope due to lack of time for fabrication. Associated with delayed contact with fabrication shop.
- Suggested standardized cleaning procedures.
- Suggested improved conveyor management.
- Can move equipment to location where it doesn’t have to move because of other products running on the same production line.
- Difficult for workers to know if they are needed in other adjoining processes. Made it so that visible queues triggered operators and knowing if help was needed.
- Reduced travel distance of people/product by 50%.
- Operator suggested fixes to proposed solution and the team revised it.
- Job element sheets (standard work) developed for multiple processes.
- Created information board (weekly schedule, contact info, standard work, production schedule, employee/process news)
- Issues coordinating work between day & night shifts.
- Make customer/stakeholders aware of project schedule.
- Reduced VEMAG trough inventory space by 35%.
- Used process limits between stations to establish a pull system and reduce inventory.
- Leg and shoulder pain with pushing and working with VEMAG troughs.
- VEMAG handle used as solution in previous project.
- Collaborate with other MSD groups with parts ordering/receiving.
- Keep standing meeting every week and cancel as needed.
Relevant Wegmans Projects