Table of Contents
Your website should document your journey through MSD, so include work-in-progress as well as latest results. Use pdf's for display whenever possible so that information is easily viewable without the need to download files and open applications. (Your EDGE file repository should still contain original editable files).
Sample categories are listed below, but feel free to delete, change, or add nodes and files to better correspond to your project and your Guide’s expectations.
You may want to consider using the Problem Definition Documents directory to store this information. Some templates are available there for your use.
Project SummaryThe “Standup motorized platform” shall be a device that assists and stabilizes an individual unable to stand and balance on their own while participating in everyday activities. This device will be powered using a electric motor and battery which will allow for activities in various environments.
The goal of this project is to create this platform in the most compact way possible which will allow for easy transportation and easy use. There are no current stabilizing stand up wheelchairs of this use currently making this project the first iteration.
Project Goals and Key DeliverablesStandup Motorized Platform, Operations Manual, Maintenance Manual, Training in person and written Manual, Make design aesthetically pleasing to Megan.
Customer Requirements (Needs)
- Must Fit in van
- Able to be strapped to van
- Traction bar/Stabilization
- User able to reach multiple directions
- Trunk support
- Adjustable to growth
- Long Battery Life
- Indoor/Outdoor use
- Sit and Stand capability
- Controller placement
- Neutral Mode
- Long and adjustable Armrest
- Easy to get in and out of
- Easy for user to reach
- Second Controller
- Bit faster than old chair
Engineering Requirements (Metrics & Specifications)
- Must fit in door 52" x 29"
- 360 degree stabilization
- User able to reach all directions
- Support up to 200lbs
- 0-5 mph
- Controller < 30" from user
- Budget is only $2000, some parts no longer work, so cost may be high
- Cannot put pressure on user's hip
- Must be able to fit into van in seated mode
- Reused parts must be safe to use
- should be made out of commercially available parts
- Frame and material must be strong enough to hold 200lbs
Problem Definition Review
Click here to view the problem definition review.