Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Intellectual Property Considerations
Along with risk management and mitigation comes the search for similar patents. It is over whelming how many patents are there that aid the visually impaired in navigating. Here are a few examples that are relevant to our project.
- Here is our patent that was given to us as template for our project. It is created by Gary Behm and features sensors on the end of the cane with haptic feedback in the handle.
- Below is a cane with nine sensors and nine vibration pads. They are hooked up so when one of the sensors is tripped the vibration pad turns on.
- This patent is more about the idea rather than the implementation. It has a sensor in the handle that the user can put his/her thumb over and feel the temperature of the object that it is sensing. It also includes haptic feedback in the form of a level, seen near the index finger.
- The last example is of a laser sensor that uses audio feedback. It is also more for a conceptual idea because it shows other implementations of sensors and feedback to the user.
|Emeka Akpaka||Team Relations Lead|
|Kayla Cole||MSD I Project Lead|
|Lindsay Johnson||MSD II Project Lead|
|Justin LaMar||Edge Coordinator|
|Christine Lochner||MSD I Tech Lead|
|Nicholas Stewart||MSD II Tech Lead|
Team Values and Norms
- Be punctual
- Discuss issues as a team before bringing them to Charlie's attention
- Be held accountable for timely completion of the action items they are responsible for.
- Respect all stakeholders including (but not limited to) the team, our wonderful guide, and customers.
- Perform a peer review of the other team members and the team as a whole after every phase review.
- Acknowledge special occasions for and achievements of other team members.
If any of these team values or norms are not met, the person will be addressed in a face-to-face manner to determine the punishment.
Project Plans & Schedules
SubsystemsTo download the full subsystems design schedule click here.
To see our entire risk assessment download here.
To view the full detailed design review power point downloaded it here