This node contains preliminary research and concept evaluation done by P15044 to prepare for the Systems Design Review. Information such as our morphological table can be found here. The System Breakdown Directory contains the majority of the information pertinent to this node.
Conceptual designs for the finished Intelligent Mobility Cane are derived from the Morphological Table shown above, and the team as a whole has come up with a list of criteria to evaluate these concepts upon. Team Concepts are categorized by the column and row that each characteristic of the system fall under.
Concept Selection Criteria
- Response Time
- Part Availability
- Power Consumption
- Sensor Accuracy
- Feedback Amplitude
- Ease of Mechanical Implementation
- Ease of Electrical Implementation
Some of the topics that have been benchmarked by the team are:
- Canes : Both typical mobility canes, and 'smart' mobility canes.
- Haptic Feedback : Mechanical and Electrical vibratory production
- Obstacle and Drop-off Detection : Ultrasonic and infrared sensors and transducers; image processing.
- Power: Battery chemistries