P15680: Oil and Bag Process Automation/public/
Build, Test, Document
Table of Contents
Build, Test, and IntegrateEach of the tests conducted, both in MSD I & II, directly correlate with both engineering and customer requirements. Below is a document containing which completed and future tests correspond with what requirements, as well as why the test was run.
Final System Test
- The system was tested in final prototype form to meet all customer requirements, including cycle time, ergonomics, oil reclamation, and setpoint usage
MSD I Tests
- Controls Test 1: Microcontroller Selection
- The purpose of this test was to select a brand and model of microcontroller based upon a customer/engineering requirement based list of criteria.
Micro Selection, Rev 3
- NOTE: This project no longer utilizes a mircocontroller. Instead, oil flow is controlled using timer relays.
- Secure/Detach Test 1: Nozzle Attachment Test
- The purpose of this test was to determine if a
seal can be created by applying a force to a tapered
attachment against the inlet of the scrap CFM nozzle,
while being held in a rigid position.
- Three tests were performed at 87 and 88 psi for over one minute each. The results indicated that there were no leaks at the interface and that is is plausible to create a seal with enough force on a rigid object.
- The Brass Attachment has a circle indentation/marking where the seal was created. On the CFM scrap nozzle, there is a little residue from the brass attachment that shows where the seal was created on the nozzle. There was no physical damage observed to the nozzle. The test was a success in that it confirmed a seal can be created on the CFM nozzle (while being held in a rigid position) at a low pressure. Future tests will need to be done at higher pressures and with oil as the fluid instead of air.
- Nozzle Attachment Fixture, Rev 2
- Approved Nozzle Attachment Fixture
- The purpose of this test was to determine if a seal can be created by applying a force to a tapered attachment against the inlet of the scrap CFM nozzle, while being held in a rigid position.
- Secure/Detach Test 2: Nozzle Fixture
- Pump System Test 1: Head Loss and Flow Rate
MSD II Tests
- Controls Test 2: Data Acquisition and Indication
- Controls: Overall Program Compilation
- Controls User Interface Demo
- Drain Platform Leak Test
- Secure/Detach Test 2: Plastic Insert Test
Assembly Instructions Process Sheets
- Baseplate Process Sheet
- Containment Drain Process Sheet
- Containment Assembly Process Sheet
- Piping Assembly Process Sheet