P15680: Oil and Bag Process Automation/public/
Table of Contents
Content related to this node are also located in the
Bill of Material (BOM)Purchased Parts and Indentured BOM - 5/11/2015
Requirements Flowdown: ERs, Risk, and Function
Prototyping, Engineering Analysis, Simulation
Controls/Electronics Subsystem [MSD II Electronics Simplification]
- The controls system has been modified to become a
much simpler subsystem, in order to ensure cycle
efficiency, as Oil and Bag is a large operation.
- Rather than utilize a microcontroller and create a User Interface, it was more feasible to limit operator interaction and rely on the operator solely for starting and emergency stopping the system.
- A simple bush button will:
- Start pump motor
- Open air solenoid allowing actuator to push forward
- Open oil solenoids
- Begin 'Test Duration Timer'
Electronic Switching Logic
- Start switch will power pump, open both oil solenoids and first air solenoid and begin first timer countdown.
- At first timer end, air valve 1 closes and opens air
valve 2, retracting the actuator.
- Simultaneously, the pump shuts off to cease oil flow.