Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseDuring this phase we sought to:
- Confirm our ability to move forward after MSD I Gate Review
- Finalize the budget with the approval from Dr. DeBartolo
- See what parts/materials came during the winter break
- Continue to order the other parts from BoM (if needed)
- Update and finalize the test plan package
- Update the project plan as needed accounting for delays
- Initiate problem tracking
During this phase we managed to:
- Get Dr. DeBartolo's budget approval (with an extra flexible $50)
- Continue ordering parts and materials
- Review and improve test plans from MSD I Gate Review (mostly electrical subsystem)
- Update Risk & Problem Tracking
- Update Project Plan
- Find an alternative vendor for the steel material required
- Started manufacturing pieces for the mounting subsystem
- Started testing of the controls subsystem
Team Member DepartureWhen the semester started our project manager, Brenden Hoff, asked to leave the team in order to support a struggling team at the request of Industrial Engineering department. Brenden believed that our current project was in a good position for completion. Brenden's usual tasks have been divided among the other members. He is still available for minor help if needed during the transition.
Parts & Materials Status & BOMFinalized BOM (1/28/2016)
-Approval of the batteries was dependent on Dr. DeBartolo's approval for this particular choice. This was rectified as of 1/28/2016.
-The order of the motor was set back due to issues with Teknic not accepting the PO. This was rectified as of 2/2/2016.
-The steel used for the project was obtained in person from Klein steel due to a backorder from MSC Direct. Done 2/1/2016.
The order of Battery Box was halted. The parts were not necessary at the moment, and further theoretical analysis is needed.
Test Plan Summary
Test Facilities & Locations
BatteryBattery Test Plans
PWMPWM Test Plans
BuzzerBuzzer Test Plans
Motor/SwitchesMotor/Switches Test Plans
Engineering RequirementsEngineering Requirement Test Plans
Risk and Problem Tracking
Design Review Materials
Plans for next phase
Team VisionAccording to the Schedule above, these are the following actions slated to be done during this phase:
- Finish Motor and Battery Testing.
- Finalize and assemble the controls layout for the end user.
- Build and assemble the entire mounting subsystem.
- Finish integration of the battery and motor subsystem with each other.
- Physically attach all subsystems onto the wheelchair.
- Run initial tests of the combined system.
- Have a complete product by Imagine RIT in May