Team Vision for Problem Definition PhaseDuring the problem definition phase, our has gained a deep understanding of both the Phase I (P15051) status, as well as updated customer requirements and engineering requirements.
Our team has worked with Dong Wang to update the customer requirements. We have also met with Phase I team and discussed a hand-off date along with status and action items that still need to be completed. See image below for items they plan to accomplish and not accomplish.
Individual 3 Week Plan
- See our plan here
Project Goals and Key DeliverablesThe goal of this project is to develop a robotic eye to mimic human eye movement such as smooth, pursuit, saccade, torsional movement, and blinking. The robotic eye needs to be compatible with a variety of eye trackers, accept data from Python, and be user friendly. The key deliverables for the robotic eye is to have fast and more precise actuators along with an adjustable eyelid.
Engineering Requirements (Metrics & Specifications)
Assumptions and Constraints
- Improve upon an already designed functioning robotic eye.
- Must prove a working more precise design in order to obtain an expanded budget to build the design.
House of Quality
Plans For Next Phase
- See our 3 week plan for Phase 2 here!
Concerns and Risks
- Learning a new programming language and interfacing with needed communication protocol.
- Locating the proper hardware to meet customers speed and precision needs.
- Finding hardware which can meet the customers performance a specs and their budget.