Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and Handoff
- During this final phase, our team planned to finish fixing any minor problems with our testing apparatus and its software. We also planned on performing and analyzing a gauge R&R of our grip strength test. Lastly, we will finish our technical paper, ImagineRIT poster, and user guide for e-NABLE.
- Almost all issues with our testing apparatus have been resolved. Our paper, poster, and user guide have all been completed and delivered.
Arduino & Button Integration
- The first issue resolved during this phase was the placement of the Arduino and its attached motor and strain shields. A metal plate was attached to the 80/20 frame with fasteners. The Arduino itself is screwed into place.
- The software to perform the strength test was slightly changed so that a particular button had to be pressed for the test to start. Previously, the test would begin as soon as the program was uploaded or the Arduino was plugged in. This button was also attached to the same plate as the Arduino and shields.
The dowel of our strain gauge began to shift during our test, so an indent was made in it using a rotary tool. This indent was made to be the same dimensions as the strain gauge and effectively prevented the side-to-side movement of the dowel.
Strain Gauge Orientation
The one major change to our testing apparatus was the change in orientation of the strain gauge. Previously, the prosthetic hand had to wrap its fingers around the dowel before it could begin to exert any force on it. This resulted in meaningless data points. By rotating the strain gauge 90 degrees, the fingers of the hand can be positioned directly against the dowel rather than curling around it. This new design reduces the number of data points showing zero force exerted.
Test Results Summary
Inputs & Source
- The entire test plan, including gage R&R, can be viewed here.
Outputs & Destination
- The results of our gage R&R can be downloaded here.
- Raw Data used is available here
Risk and Problem Tracking
- Project Management Document can be viewed here.
Final Project Documentation
- Our ImagineRIT poster can be viewed here.
- Technical Paper can be viewed here.
- Our User Guide can be view here.
- The software used to run our testing apparatus can be downloaded here.
Functional Demo Materials
Plans for Wrap-up
- As a group, we need to finish our user guide's bill of materials. We also need to deliver the apparatus to the e-NABLE Lab, and send them the completed user guide along with the software used to run it. Finally, we will review the guidelines that defined our project and how well we delivered on them.