Integrated System Build & Test with Customer Demo
Table of Contents
Team Vision for System Level Demo with Customer
- The team's plan was to have the system tested by the point of the review. Ideally code and hardware would both be tested at least once in a full-system test.
- Due to the power-related issues which came up beginning and mid-cycle, capability for a full test was pushed back. This is still top priority to complete, and the team will endeavor to have a full system test ASAP.
Tests completed early in the cycle brought up shortcomings in the powering of our peltier cells especially, but also the solenoid valves. The valves we had assumed to be operable straight from the DAQ require 1A at 12v, much higher than the DAQ's 50mA maximum output. Additionally, the peltier cells in series require approximately 25A at maximum power although this is not needed. Additional testing of our machined components led to several small adjustments to parts to enable better assembly.
- Test Scheduling
Risk and Problem Tracking
RisksCurrent revision of risks document is available here:
Following shows current Risk curve, as well as a curve which normalizes the total importance to the number of risks in the revision
- Risk Growth Curve
- Normalized Risk Growth Curve
Problem ManagementAlso, two problem management documents were drafted in order to account for larger issues of the power source and control. The first is a list of problems, which gives the general overview of each problem similar to how the Risk Management spreadsheet organizes risks.
The second document is a problem tracking document, which details the steps and decisions made in regards to the problems, as well as final solutions and results.
Functional Demo MaterialsInclude links to:
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Imagine RIT Poster
Plans for next phase
- Have entire system properly assembled and tested.
- Ideally have a full duration trial performed by end of next cycle.
- Refine any issues and determine optimal parameters for control.
- Create a manual with proper appendices.
- Have a fantastic Imagine RIT exhibit.
- Project Plan