P16082: Microscope Environmental Chamber/public/
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem-Level Design PhaseThe systems architecture from the previous cycle was decomposed into a sub-systems level breakdown. This breakdown included the components and the interfaces of each component. Additionally, a preliminary bill of materials was developed based upon part needs and work was begun on software development.
Feasibility: Prototyping, Analysis, Simulation
CO2 FeasabilityEquations developed for required CO2 volume exchange below: Note that these are preliminary - need further input from relevant faculty.
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, etc.
Bill of Materials (BOM)
Risk AssessmentRisks were updated as prompted from previous review. Risk likelihood/Importance factors have not been decreased yet, though continued testing will allow for this.
Current Risk file located here: Risk Assessment Spreadsheet
- The updated design is now shorter with direct heat conduction through the base along the four corners.
- The information we have received from the mechanical engineering machine shop warrants the design to be further edited to allow for machined base to increase ease of production and stability, and durability.
Design Review Materials
- Presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VK8u8BuJNrAYYADSQ-sLSb8kgCfXzJyKdnGLzVVCGb8/edit#slide=id.p3
- Action Items: (See Plans for next phase below)
Plans for next phase
- Software: Increase understanding, continue work on program
- Purchases: Thermocouples and CO2 Sensor
- System: Expand and refine BoM, generate system design layout