Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Plans for MSD 2
Below is the plan for MSD 2 designed at the end of MSD 1 for the gate review.
At the beginning of MSD 2, the team revised the project plan. The revised project plan is pictured below.
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseCompleted this phase:
- Tested magnet and rib interaction
- Discussed lung pressure calculations with Dr. Linte
- Practiced lung construction with Whoopee Cushion
- Updated risks and project plan from MSD 1
- Created test plans
- Printed spine
- Purchased material for second set of lungs
- Purchased parts for model hardware
- Partial rib print complete
- Partial mathematical model complete
- Materials for stand (free) "ordered"
Test Plan SummaryBellow are snapshots of the test plans designed by the team.
Please reference all test plans here.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Below is a snapshot of the risk management plan. After discussion at the gate review, the team and instructor decided that more risks needed to be added.
The complete risk management plan can be found here.
No problems have occurred concerning construction. The problem tracking example provided in class will be utilized by the team.
Plans for next phase
- Have partial construction of lungs completed during week 3 so that the magnet system can be tested and implemented
- Once magnets are in place, fully seal the lungs.
- After lungs have dried, test for proper sealing
- Work with Jade to finalize design for stand and procure materials
- Complete rib cage printing and assembly
- Print and use chest cavity mold
- Scale factor with Ninjaflex, Print diaphragm
- Experiment with ABS sheet wrapping of connection points
- Test magnet-repulsion system
- Design backup rib movement mechanism
- Stand design with Meaghan
- Affix hardware and tubing to chest cavity (tentative)
- Generate user manual/part replacement document
- Test the durability of the diaphragm
- Adjust the volume calculations based on CAD model
- Create small model of complete chest cavity
- Laser cut features on thermoformed model
- Build setup for RMT on diaphragm