Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test Phase
Test Results and Construction Summary
LungsIn order to make the lungs more physiologically accurate, the team to decided to utilize spray paint in order to achieve the desired color. Since the shape for the first set of lungs was not desirable, a second set was attempted with a new stencil. This set had holes which would not seal with glue. Duct tape was utilized to seal the holes. Bubble wrap was measured out, instead of micro-filler beads, to represent the residual volume. The bubble wrap allowed the team to mitigate the risk of micro-filler beads escaping into the "throat".
RibsThe pulley system was tested. Below is a video of the movement.
The force required to pull the string in order to move the pulleys was tested utilizing a load cell and Capstone software. The figures below are the output from the testing. The figures correspond to the top pulley only, both pulleys, and a comparison plot.
The handle for the piston of the diaphragm was 3D printed. More work will be done to ensure the load cell can sit on the piston so that the students can record necessary values in lab. The diaphragm was 3D printed.
Chest CavityA mold was 3d printed for the desired shape of the chest cavity. Plastic was thermoformed around the mold in order to manufacture the chest cavity.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Below is the current risk management plan. The risks which have been eliminated are not included in the image.
Below is the current problem tracking plan.
Plans for next phaseDakota:
- Tuning of diaphragm and handle
- Load cell attachment points
- Assemble ribs
- Assemble rib movement system
- Complete stand
- Assist with mounting chest cavity fittings
- Test lung/fitting connection
- Final thermoform of chest cavity
- Finishing of chest cavity (webbing)
- Epoxy layer inside chest cavity
- Cut holes for fittings
- Initial testing of diaphragm with chest cavity for seal(inflation/deflation)
- Add concept progression for chest cavity into technical write up draft
- Attach lungs to fittings
- Complete backup lungs
- Assist with the technical paper
- Assist with rib movement system
- Complete user manual