Team Values and Norms
Agreement of Expectations
Our team has developed an Agreement of Expectations for handling situations throughout Senior Design.
• Each team member shall be committed to the
• Each team member shall be respectful of other members and give constructive feedback.
• Each team member shall practice good attendance.
• Each team member shall maintain a professional manner.
• Each team member shall meet deadlines and thoroughly complete deliverables.
• Email and texting shall be the primary modes
• Team members shall respond to emails or texts within a day of being received.
• Team members shall provide thoughtful responses to communication.
• Weekly meetings shall be held outside of class to discuss and work on the project in person.
|Team Work Distribution||
• Work distribution shall be discussed among
team members during class time and/or the weekly
meeting so that everyone is clear on their work
• Work shall be distributed according to the individual’s skills and area of expertise.
|Communication with Guide||
• Team members shall discuss project updates
with the Guide during class meetings.
• If the Guide is needed for assistance outside of class, the team members shall communicate this need through email.
|Team Decision Making||
• Team members shall discuss decisions during
class or meeting times.
• Team members shall respectfully listen to all points of view in order to arrive at the best conclusion.
• Decisions may be made over email provided every member agrees with the final conclusion.
• All conflicts shall be handled during class or
• All conflicts shall be discussed to determine if a compromise can be reached.
• In extreme cases, the Guide shall be asked to mediate conflict discussions.
|Integrity and Ethics||
• Each team member shall follow the Engineering
Code of Ethics.
• Each team member shall be honest about items or issues related to the project.
• Plagiarism or cheating shall not be tolerated.
• Each team member shall complete his or her
work by the designated due dates.
• If a team member is struggling to complete a task, he or she shall communicate this to the group for help.
• Each team member shall be at the weekly
• Each team member shall be allowed one unexcused absence during each semester.
• Each team member shall arrive to meetings no more than 10 minutes late.
• Each team member shall communicate via email
or text in the event that they cannot not make a
class or weekly meeting.
• All other team members shall be respectful and understanding of the predicament.
• The affected team member shall be granted an excused absence.