Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseBefore departing last spring, we managed to finish the manufacturing of coils as far as applying a coat of spar urethane onto them.
We picked up the project right where we left off and tackled some of the issues we had determined for ourselves at the end of MSD 1. Primary concerns were interfacing an Arduino with MATLAB, further develop our test plans, and research adhesives for the 3D printed parts to the wooden coils.
Test Plan Summary
Please follow the link below to view our test plans Test Plans
- This is a photo of our coils after they were treated with the spar urethane
- The finished coils are juxtapose with the untreated plywood (to the right)
Adhesive for PLA to Plywood
CyanoacrylateWith some research regarding what adhesive works best for bonding the PLA parts to plywood, Cyanoacrylate has emerged a proven option.
Risk and Problem Tracking
- This is our problem tracking document
Bill of Materials
- This is an updated Bill of Materials displaying where we are in relation to our budget limit of $500
Plans for next phase
- This is our Gantt Chart, to keep us on track until the next phase review
As a Team
- Clean up coils
- Wire half coils
- Get some connector parts 3D printed
- Test magnetometer with one pair of coils
- Figure out "cross - bar" in assembled design
- Communicate to power supply through MATLAB