Integrated System Build & Test with Customer Demo
Table of Contents
Team Vision for System Level Demo with Customer
During this phase we planned to make our design entirely deconstructable, make progress in software development, and work on both the final paper and poster.
Over the past three weeks, were we able to accomplish what we set out to do. In turn, we are in favorable standing heading into the last phase of this project.
- A piece detached, we redesigned it
- Instead of two separate pieces, it is now one solid piece
- Now longer, the increased surface area ensures a better grip
- Used a gap filling adhesive, in place of silicone
- Increase precision in coil alignment
- Additions made provide extra support
- The extra height furthers the potential for support
- End milling made the slots
- The bit used: carbide, .25" diameter, 2.5" long
- The bars are now completely removable and use velcro for fastening.
- Added wooden 'guides'
- Implemented Velcro ties in order to fasten beams to coils
- The electrical enclosure box arrive
- Holes were drilled for the wires
- The relay board was integrated with the enclosure
- The software will first require a "calibration" step. This first places a magnetometer in the center of the apparatus. Then each pair of coils will be turned on independently and the voltage and magnetic field strength will be recorded. The voltages will sweep through a +- 6V range in small increments.
- To produce a magnetic field, and X value, Y value, and Z value will be provided. Using the desired magnetic field, the voltage required to produce that magnetic field can be looked up from the recorded values.
- To simulate an orbit, a file of magnetic field values will be provided, as well as time between simulating two different points.
- A Matlab function has been implemented which successfully sweeps through power supply voltages and logs data. The real magnetometer has not yet been integrated into this function.
- The appropriate power supply voltage can be determined from a provided magnetic field value and log file.
- The magnetometer can read values and plot them in a 3D field all using Matlab.
- Finish integrating the magnetometer into the power supply functions
- Implement the relay control
- Read from a file of simulation points
- Create a GUI
- Completed, detailed draft can be found here
- The video can be found here. Make sure to enable subtitles!
Risk and Problem Tracking
Plans for next phase
- Finish Paper
- Finish Poster
- Team handoff materials
- Finish Developing Software
- Finish Construction Documentation & Video