Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test PhaseWhat did your team plan to do during this phase?
The goals for this phase were to test and prove the abilities of the subsystems of our enclosure.
- Main Board
- Relay Board
- Load Board
- Some compiled software
- Enclosure build and thermal testing
Further documentation as well as beginning phases of the poster and project are to be discussed.
What did your team actually accomplish during this phase?
What was accomplished during this phase was successful testing of our load board (designs can be viewed on the DDR page) which automatically controls current and voltage for the system. Various software functions were written and successfully compiled, mostly revolving around testing the controller board, which is the Main Board assembly able to be viewed on the DDR page. The compiled software functions can be found here while a working excel document of assigned functions, their importance, and completion of them can be found here. The Main Board and the Relay Board were unable to be built and tested due to a delay in delivery that couldn't have been prevented.
Test Results Summary
Summarize test results and assess effectiveness of test plans to unambiguously demonstrate satisfaction of the engineering requirements
- Quantitatively summarize the capabilities, performance, throughput, and robustness of your subsystems as demonstrated by execution of the text plan. Document your testing with photos or videos in addition to test data.
- Evaluate how well the test plan was able to confirm satisfaction of subsystem requirements
- Include snapshot of testing completed to date, and include link to live requirements and testing document
Inputs & Source
- Test Plan
- Subsystem fabrication
Outputs & Destination
- Test Results
- System integration
Subsystem Wiring DiagramBelow is a diagram of the wiring between subsystems.
Updated 3D Model
- An updated version of the SolidWorks files for the design can be found here.
- The working document for Risk Assessment can be found here.
- The working document for Problem Tracking can be found here.
DocumentationDocumentation relevant to this phase are listed as below.
- Engineering Requirements Test Plan which can be found here.
- A preliminary, outlined operators manual can be found here.
- A document outlining the materials needed for the Aluminum Enclosure as well as assembly instructions can be found here.
- Documentation outlining the materials needed to assemble and build the Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) can be found here.
- A list of theThe compiled software functions can be found compiled software functions while a working excel document Function Assignments of assigned functions, their importance, and completion of them can be found
Functional Demo Materials
- The Pre-read for this review can be found here.
- A powerpoint for this review can be found here.
- A PDF copy of Action Items and Notes can be reviewed here.
Plans for next phase
- Here is the working excel file for the Gantt Chart.
- As a team, where do you want to be in three weeks at your next demo?
- As an individual on the team, what are you doing to help your team achieve these goals? (Use the individual 3-week plan template for this)