Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
During this phase, the team goals were centered around completing the damper dynamometer so that it could be handed off to our customer. This included:
- Manufacturing of the crossbar
- Assembly and installation of the safety enclosure
- Compliance testing
- Sensor installation
- Painting and sealing all necessary components
- Finalizing the control and data acquisition software
- Comparison of measured performance curve to known performance curve
Tasks completed during this phase:
- Crossbar was manufactured and installed
- Revised damper mounting components were manufactured to minimize compliance and slop
- Safety enclosure was completed and installed
- Safety interlock switches were mounted
- Overall deflection was measured to be satisfactory
- Sensors were installed
- Frame and actuation components were painted for rust prevention
- Counter-top was sealed using polyurethane
- Software was completed, tested, and debugged
- User manual was completed
- User interface was modified based on user feedback
- Lights were installed for interior visibility
Test Results Summary
A comparison between the requirements for the dynamometer and actual performance can be seen in the Performance vs Requirements document.
Inputs & Source
- Test Plan
- Validate compliance and deflection goals
- Confirm that the software functions as designed
- Verify that the actuation system is functioning as designed (adjustable, not binding)
- Results of system integration
- The crossbar was not manufactured for a complete system integration. Therefore, many of our testing goals were pushed to this phase.
- The motor and actuation systems were able to be tested without the crossbar and damper and were validated (no interference and functioned as designed).
Outputs & Destination
- Test Results
- Final documentation: paper, poster, manuals
- To use the damper dynamometer, be sure to read the operator manual first.
Risk and Problem TrackingRisk Management Document
Note: New risks are highlighted in orange; newly mitigated risks are highlighted in light green; and previously mitigated risks are highlighted in dark green.Problem Tracking Document
Final Project Documentation
- The fine details on how the dynamometer works can be found in theTechnical Paper.
- Links to final design documents included below:
Functional Demo Materials
- In order to understand the process of using the dynamometer, it would be helpful to read the operator manual before the demo.