P16261: EV Team 3-Phase AC Motor Controller A/public/
Integrated System Build & Test with Customer Demo
Table of Contents
Team Vision for System Level Demo with CustomerSummarize:
- We planned to:
- Have CAN network up
- Have GPIO connectors complete and ready
- Full-scale power spinning of motor
- If this isn't the case, the next board better be coming in.
- Regen. braking demo prepared.
- We managed to:
- Have the GPIO pins mapped
- Design a new interface PCB
- Populate a new interface PCB
- Begin testing the interface PCB
- Have the throttle spin the little motor correctly
Test Results Summary
- The project is currently stalled as we await the interface PCB to arrive. We are quickly discovering that many of the testing cases we developed are not great metrics. The test methods don't work because they are not very specific there are no measurable results that we are looking for, rather just seeing whether or not something works. As a result of this, if the board or test is not complete many of the other tests fail because of this.
- In an attempt to make it a little easier to complete testing the tests that rely on another test to be completed first point to that test in the notes section.
- Some of the tests can be adjusted to fit a different product, like the prototype board rather than the e-bike board. If we cannot get the e-bike board to work most of the tests can be converted to be about the prototype board.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Functional Demo Materials
- Interface Board:
- (TEAM) 3.16.2016 Meeting Notes
- (EE) 3.29.2016 Meeting Notes
- (TEAM) 3.30.2016 Meeting Notes
- (EE) 3.31.2016 Meeting Notes
- (TEAM) 4.01.2016 Meeting Notes
- (EE) 4.05.2016 Meeting Notes
- (TEAM) 4.06.2016 Pre-Meeting Notes
- (TEAM) 4.06.2016 Meeting Notes
- (TEAM) 4.8.2016 Pre-Meeting Notes
- (TEAM) 4.8.2016 Meeting Notes
- (TEAM) 4.13.2016 Pre-Meeting Notes
- (TEAM) 4.13.2016 Meeting Notes
Plans for next phase
- By next phase we hope to:
- Have the PCBs (Inverter and Interface) up and working
- Be able to say we are complete done with CAN communication
- Have a backup plan in place for the new enclosure
- Be ready for/have a successful demonstration prepared for Imagine