Table of Contents
Team Vision for Problem Definition PhaseSummarize:
- The team planned to identify the problems, risks, engineering requirements, and customer requirements during this phase.
- All of the above were accomplished during this phase.
Project SummaryA working 3-phase AC controller is required by the Electric Vehicle Team's E-Bike (Later to be modified for the super bike). Currently, the 3-phase AC controller is very power hungry during operation and sub-optimal in performance. Further, it does not allow for regeneration of the batteries during braking. Ideally the new controller will integrate with the current system - allowing both controls and data monitoring to occur as usual (current). The controller will provide high output power and a high degree of control (resolution) of the power train. Finally, the device should be robust and especially durable for race conditions.
The goals of this project are to analyze the system that is currently in existence for such controls. The device should be designed, working, and installed by Imagine RIT in the spring of 2016. Regenerative battery recharging while braking is a feature that would be ideal to have when the project is complete. The constraints of this project are the budget of $1000 as well as making sure that the controller does not have too strict of optimal condition bounds which would lead to it being too fragile to use for racing. Additionally, the prototype should fit within the current housing constraints. The motor controller should also be compatible with the current subsystems of the E-bike.
Project Goals and Key Deliverables
- A working 3-Phase Motor Controller
- Inherent performance and monitoring from the Motor Controller
Customer Requirements (Needs)
|Interview Date||Interview Subject||Interview Notes|
|September 1, 2015||Wheeler Law||Notes|
Engineering Requirements (Metrics & Specifications)
Constraints and Risks
House of Quality
Overall Timeline of Events
Plans for next phase
- As a team, we think we will have a good understanding of the work that needs to be performed in terms of circuits built and programming done
- We hope to have the list of top choices for boards down to a concise list with pros and cons of each listed.
- As an individual on the team, what are you doing to help your team achieve these goals? (Use the individual 3-week plan template for this)