P16318: Gaseous Flow Rate Meter/public/
Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and HandoffDuring this phase we focused on:
- Preparing for and exhibit at ImagineRIT
- Completing Technical Paper
- Finalizing Drawing Package and documentation
Test Results Summary
Inputs & Source
Outputs & Destination
Risk and Problem Tracking
- Updated Risk Management Risk Management
- Updated Problem Tracking.
Final Project Documentation
Recommendations for Future Work
There are four major areas where the mass flow rate controller could be improved:
- Actuator Gearing
- The actuator is geared toward resolution and torque; the controller’s needs would be better met with gearing more focused on speed to improve response time.
- Valve Seat Design
- The valve seat material currently used is Delrin; sealing and lifetime of the valve could be improved if a hardened steel seat with a precisely ground surface were used.
- Spring Choke
- Currently at around 60% throttle opening, the valve chokes at what is expected to be the spring coils.
- Optimizing the design with a spring with less densely packed coils and a different cam design could result in a more responsive system that doesn’t choke at high lifts.
- Production Manufacturing Design
- To improve the number of life cycles the valve can achieve, it is recommended the cam material be changed to a hard steel and use a small bearing on the interface of the cam and pushrod to reduce friction.
- The housing in the current design was made to allow for a variety of cams and output fittings to be tested; to improve manufacturability and overall size and weight, a new housing should be designed that minimizes the wetted volume of the housing and reduces the wall thickness to meet a burst specification.
- The design would also need to locate the output fitting in a better manner to improve the flow repeatability of the device.
Functional Demo Materials
Plans for Wrap-up
- Final documentation and drawing package will be given to our customer, as well as all the hardware