P16414: Toilet Use Sensor/public/
Preliminary Detailed Design
Table of Contents
- Introduce Team Members
- Team Vision for Preliminary Detailed Design Design Phase
- Week 15 Plans
- Drawings and Schematics
- Bill of Materials
- Test Plans
- Risk Assessment
- Plans for the Next Phase
Team Vision for Preliminary Detailed Design Phase
- Which microcontroller best fits our needs?
- How should the module be mounted?
- Can we get samples of different sensors directly from manufacturers?
- Will the cheaper soil moisture sensor meet our needs?
- What is the best power option based on the selected microcontroller?
- What are the steps we need to take to start the purchasing process?
- Are there any other possible risks we haven't identified?
- What is the finalized way that we will be measuring the pH?
- Is it feasible to measure oxygen?
- How will the microcontroller read and store data?
Week 15 Plans
- Our team has received the Temperature, Moisture, Motion, and PH Sensor Devices. We were able to find the hosing in the surplus cabinet of the senior design center. We are currently expecting two samples of the range finder courtesy of ST microelectronics.
- Our team has created a preliminary prototype to demonstrate the approximate sizing of the module. We have also utilized the hosing we obtained to work out how the pit sensors will be connected to the hose; a prototype of a possible end cap solution for this has been 3-D printed.