Table of Contents
- Introduce Team Members
- Team Vision for Subsystem Level Design Phase
- Week 15 Plans
- Range Finder and Motion Sensor
- Soil Moisture Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- PH Testing Device
- Container and Rod Designs
- Micro-controller Selection
- Drawings and Schematics
- Bill of Materials
- Risk Assessment
- Team Vision for Preliminary Detailed Design Phase
What our team planned on accomplishing?
- How should we store the sensor module?
- How should we protect the system from the environment and volunteer family?
- How much storage do we need and what devices can accomplish this?
- Compare the price and functionality of different micro-controllers?
- What is the best way to raise and lower the sensors?
- What devices should we use to measure the PH, soil moisture, temperature, and oxygen?
- Determine what can be measured on a daily basis and what can't?
- What are the best ways to retrieve a sample from the pit?
Week 15 Plans
Range Finder and Motion Sensor
Our team has reached out to multiple suppliers in order to try to obtain free samples of their products (range finder and motion sensors). We are currently awaiting their responses, and may reach out to more suppliers during the next phase.
In order to see more information on these sensors, please visit our Systems Design Page