P16420: Lip Balm and Hand Salve Production Process Improvement/public/
Integrated System Build & Test with Customer Demo
Table of Contents
|P16420 is approaching it's final stage of system building. Wood base has been sanded off and stained multiple times for improved looks and resistance against humidity/water. Actuator mount is also approaching one of its last stages of construction as plexiglass is being attached to it. On Thursday, November 17th, 2016, team has visited Montessori once more for a customer demonstration for final feedback to make those final tweaks.|
Team Vision for System Level Demo with CustomerSummarize:
- Finish the boiler base by sanding and staining it.
- Finish the actuator mount by attaching plexiglass and
all the necessary electronics
- Electronics include: Liner Actuator & 3-stage rocker switch
- Visit Montessori for a customer demonstration and final feedbacks
- Since the actuator mount will need to provide support for the linear actuator, team has decided to use Red Oak (for its superior mechanical properties).
- Plexiglass has been mounted directly onto the
Actuator Mount by securing it with bolts & nuts
- This is largely due to the fact that heat shield made by P15420 has failed to last through one of the customer. Team felt the need to strongly secure the heat shield this time.
- The first 10X10 tube tray machined from UMHWPE
experienced significant warping.
- Team assumed this was due to the small thickness of the tray and decided to do a second round of design with a larger thickness to add thermal mass to the tube tray.
- As a result, tube tray will now be 8X8 but will experience no significant bending.
- On 11/17/2017, P16420 have visited Montessori to demonstrate the working system to the customer. It was a very successful event, leaving very satisfied customers behind.
- Montessori academy after-school program students got to ask questions about the system and the engineers behind this project, while also providing feedback as to where they think they can be involved within the manufacturing process.
- Promised to communicate the location for the last meeting: School or back in school.
P16420: Final Paper - Rough Draft
- Rough draft of the final paper of this project has been submitted.
- P16420 Lip Balm and Hand Salve Production Process Improvement.pdf