Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Your website should document your journey through MSD, so include work-in-progress as well as latest results. Use pdf's for display whenever possible so that information is easily viewable without the need to download files and open applications. (Your EDGE file repository should still contain original editable files).
Content related to this node should go in the [Project%20Management Project Management] directory. Several templates have been posted there for your reference.
All template text and instructions must be removed prior to the Week 3 Problem Definition Review
Intellectual Property ConsiderationsIs your team considering filing for a provisional or non-provisional patent? Does your project's financial support carry any IP requirements? Are there select elements of your project that your customer has required that you keep confidential?
There is an excellent set of short videos for reference at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmNrnoyQ30KvvBuMJXaPjdFjq-Jm6ghqE
Project Plans & Schedules
Risk Assessment and Growth Curves
- Facilitate anticipation, avoidance, abatement and accommodation of problems.
- Assess team process capability to drive risk importance total to zero by project end.
- Instructions and EXAMPLE must be deleted before the System-Level Design Review.
- Identify an owner for this document.
- This document will be inspected at all project reviews.
- Consider technical, logistical, and resource related risks.
- Importance is calculated as the product of likelihood and severity.
- Create a projection graph of the total importance over time showing how that approaches zero near the end of MSD2.
- Update this chart and graph at the end of each cycle.
- Considering the purpose, the team should anticipate potential failure modes associated withe construction and use of this document.
Inputs and Source
- Team members.
- Template and Example.
- Reference doc.
- Customer Requirements.
- Engineering Requirements.
- System and Detail Designs.
- Procurement, Production, and Assembly plans.
- Test plans.
- Overall Process.
Outputs and DestinationCompleted form to be revisited at all project reviews.
- Electrical malfunction
- Pressure in tank may exceed desired levels.
- Potential gas leakage
- Valve failure due to valves not seating
- Control system needed is beyond capabilities of the team
- Inaccurate theoretical calculations
- Over pressure the vessel
- Temperature control to prevent heating of the pressured air inside tank or vessel
- Too loud causes hearing damage
- Outsourcing or ordering the wrong parts may lead to delays
- Space available to build and test near wall pressure source