Team Vision for Detailed Design PhaseTasks to be completed for the Detailed Design Review by each member:
- Complete Design Output (Jim, Prasanna, Sari,
- Having all Design Documentation Up-to-Date on Edge
- Have a first draft gateway plan complete (Dom)
- Complete Engineering Requirements (Kim, Lakeishia)
- Risk Assessment, Mitigation Plans & Triggers
- Complete Test Plan addressing all requirements (Kim,
- Prepare to Order Parts (Dom, Jim, Sari)
- Finalize Bill of Materials (Jim, Dom, Prasanna)
Prototyping, Engineering Analysis, Simulation
In the above calculations:
Q is the heat transfer rate
- Given from Heater Power Input assuming near 100% efficiency
R is the resistance or k-value
- Value to be calculated experimentally
DelT is the temperature difference across the thermal resistance, in this case around biochar cube - Given from temperature sensors
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, Simulations
Overview of Functional Decomposition and System
For the half sphere model concept, we need sufficient space inside as well as enough thickness of the walls. Therefore, we dimensioned it to be precisely 1 cm in thickness with a 5 cm inner radius. Therefore, all sensors can fit with ease inside and we will be able to see results from both the wet wall and humidity tests.
Bill of Materials (BOM)
An overview of ordering plans for MSD II
Please Click here for an updated Bill of Materials
Please Click here for an updated Test Plan
Thermal Conductivity and Humidity
Design and Flowcharts
Please Click here for an updated Risk Assessment
Plans for next phase
Plans for Gateway Meeting
- Post-Mortem (assessment on how we did in respect to deliverables, processes used, and interpersonal behaviors).
- Team Performance Evaluations (where we fell short, where we will improve on).
- Evaluate the Risk List (begin looking at the problem tracking form).
- Cover all the possible problems we will encounter when we come back.
- Evaluate that there is a clear understanding with the customer on what has been accepted or rejected. Any areas where we do not have approval? Seek approval or a different solution.
Plans for Summer/First week back
- Begin Ordering Parts
- Begin mixing and molding for biochar dome.
- Begin implementing test plans.