P16701: MSD Total Supplier Performance and Inventory Control/public/
Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test Phase
- Complete barcoding for all MSD tools
- Sort and organize the surplus cabinet
- Launch the Purchasing Website
- Meet with the Machine Shop to launch their shop utilization application
- Continue working on training documentation
Purchasing ApplicationSignificant progress was made on the Purchasing Application over the last three weeks. The application was presented to MSDI students as the new system that would be utilized for purchase orders. Multiple teams have utilized the tool which has allowed the team to troubleshoot any minor issues that have occurred. User training documents were created during the last phase and application training documents for IT will be created during the upcoming weeks.
Tool Loan Out ApplicationHaving completed barcoding all MSD tools and equipment, the application was populated with the necessary information to begin testing. The MSD office has been working directly with the team to understand the tool and discuss any minor changes that need to be made. The tool is ready for MSD wide use. The team, however, is evaluating the benefit of purchasing a new barcode scanner.
Machine Shop ApplicationAn application to better record the activity in the machine shop was developed at the request of the customer. The team met with Jan and Rob in the machine shop to present the application and receive feedback. The team will be implementing the application in the machine shop over the course of the next week.
Surplus OrganizationAs of March 30, all tools in the toolchest, cabinets, and office have been inventoried, 5S'd, and barcoded. The surplus cabinet with large materials has been organized and labels have been ordered. A small organizer for small hardware will be purchased to complete the surplus organization.
Training Documents CreatedBudget Log Training
Purchasing User Training
Risk and Problem TrackingMultiple lines on the Risk Assessment have been update to reflect the current likelihood of the risk occurring. Due to the progress of the project, many risks have been reduced to a likelihood of 0. The updated Risk Assessment can be found here.
Plans for next phase
- Determine whether or not to purchase a new barcode scanner
- Continue testing Purchasing Application with MSDI and
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Create purchasing application training for IT
- Create tool loan out user training
- Create tool loan out application training
- Create presentation for Women Engineering students 4/8 (Keleigh)
- Add inventory to Purchasing Website
- Complete Standard Work calendar for MSD office
- Designate and set-up a spares cabinet for extra materials