P17007: Motor-Assisted Wheelchair 2.0/public/
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Detailed Design Phase
During this phase we plan to...
- Continue accessing and updating risks as needed
- Receive feedback for adaptability and cost of three-way right angle gearbox
- Modify preliminary detailed design of device to remove risks
- Finalize detailed design and all CAD models/drawings
- Finalize all components for BOM
- Begin purchasing components we know will definitively be used
- Submit work and ideas to contests to possibly earn
cash to increase budget
- ARM Developer's Day
- National Instrument contest
- ASME IDETC
- Brown Family Foundation Grant
During this phase we accomplished...
- Apply and accepted for the Brown Family Foundation Grant
- Finalize all components on BOM
- Ordered a majority of the components on our BOM
- Finalized test plans for overall device and subsystems
- Modified preliminary detailed design to incorporate components from previous group
- Finalized and updated risks associated with device
- Available three-way right angle gearbox able to fit
our motor cost approximately $2,500
- This is too far outside our given budget of $500
- Currently scrapped this idea and are going to use components from previous team.
- Customer is aware of this road block and approves moving forward to modify design with previous components.
- We have applied and been accepted for the Brown
Family Foundation Grant
- Application is currently being reviewed by the Trustees of the foundation
- Will hear back by end of the semester with additional information.
- Individual agenda for remainder of the semester
Prototype and Drawings
Flowcharts and Requirements
Bill of Material (BOM)
The following items will be reused from team P16007...
- CPM-MCVC-3432D 4000rpm motor with sealing
- 12V NiMH 13 Ah battery and battery charging combo (Qty: 2)
- Adapter cable for batteries
- Connector/Adapter: Standard Female Tamiya with 14 AWG Silicon wire (8" long) - RoHS Compliant
- Double pole single throw rocker switch (On/Off switch)
- Fuse holder
- Emergency stop button
- PWM analog controller (If needed)
Design Review MaterialsDetailed Design Review Notes
Plans for next phase
Team Vision for First Phase of MSD II:
- Finish purchasing remainder of components on BOM
- Receive all purchased components
- Have 4130 alloy steel plates machined per print and welded accordingly
- Begin assembling device subsystems
- Mechanical: Motor, Gearbox, Wheel, Upright support, Base support, etc.
- Electrical: CC2650 Launchpad, Cypress BLE devkit, Slide Potentiometer, Motor, etc.
- Once assembled, begin testing device subsystems
- Assemble device and begin testing for requirements