P17007: Motor-Assisted Wheelchair 2.0/public/
Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test Phase
During this phase we plan to...
- Complete subsystem build and test prep
- Complete subsystem testing
During this phase we accomplished to...
- Complete mechanical subsystem build
- Frame welded together
- Motor, Omniwheel, and wheel hub attached to frame
- Device sits flat on ground when attached to wheelchair
- Device container for electrical components completed
- Began testing device with completed mechanical
subsystem and systems hardwired
- Weight of Device
- Turning Radius
- Time of Attachment
- Deviation from straight line during 20' stretch
Updated Bill of Materials
The following items will be reused from team P16007...
- CPM-MCVC-3432D 4000rpm motor with sealing
- 12V NiMH 13 Ah battery and battery charging combo (Qty: 2)
- Adapter cable for batteries
- Connector/Adapter: Standard Female Tamiya with 14 AWG Silicon wire (8" long) - RoHS Compliant
- Double pole single throw rocker switch (On/Off switch)
- Fuse holder
- Emergency stop button
- PWM analog controller (If needed)
- Device sits flat on the ground when attached to wheelchair without user sitting in the chair. Once the user sits down the device's crossbar tends to pop out of the brackets. This will be fixed by implementing a simple locking mechanism to the brackets where the crossbar will be unable to pop up and out. Essentially, a hole will be drilled in each bracket and a pin will be placed through the hole to keep the crossbar from rising out of the bracket.
- SVN cannot be updated and our documents cannot be
committed successfully to our website
- We are getting a notice to run a "Clean up" command, but even then we are still unable to update or commit to SVN and Edge.
Test Results Summary
Functional Demo Materials
- Currently unable to upload videos and images
- Please refer to problem tracking for further information
Design Review MaterialsIntegrated System Build and Test Design Review Notes
Plans for next phase
During the next phase we plan to...
- Begin Imagine RIT Proposal for submission
- Begin technical paper for P17007 Motor Assisted Wheelchair
- Begin poster presentation for Imagine RIT
- Rewire the electrical subsystem to remove unneeded connections
- Complete Bluetooth for electrical subsystem
- Demonstrate all remaining subsystem functionality