P17007: Motor-Assisted Wheelchair 2.0/public/
Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test Phase
During this phase we plan to...
- Receive all purchased components
- Have 4130 alloy steel plates machined per print and welded accordingly
- Begin assembling device subsystems
- Mechanical: Motor, Gearbox, Wheel, Upright support, Base support, etc.
- Electrical: CC2650 Launchpad, Cypress BLE devkit, Slide Potentiometer, Motor, etc.
- Once assembled, begin testing device subsystems
- Assemble device and begin testing for requirements
During this phase we accomplished to...
- Purchase the remainder of components needed for the mechanical subsystem.
- Machined and procured steel frame of device from
- Components were cut/drilled to print specification.
- Components for device container to hold electrical components has been laser cut to print specification
- Components for device container have been pieced together accordingly.
Updated Bill of Materials
The following items will be reused from team P16007...
- CPM-MCVC-3432D 4000rpm motor with sealing
- 12V NiMH 13 Ah battery and battery charging combo (Qty: 2)
- Adapter cable for batteries
- Connector/Adapter: Standard Female Tamiya with 14 AWG Silicon wire (8" long) - RoHS Compliant
- Double pole single throw rocker switch (On/Off switch)
- Fuse holder
- Emergency stop button
- PWM analog controller (If needed)
- Hole on steel connecting plate for motor drive shaft
was not drilled
- This will set us back a few days while we wait for the machine shop to drill the hole
- Rubber Cushioned U-Bolts were too large
- Did not fit correctly in designated machined block
- Was not snug when attached to wheelchair
- Need to reorder for a smaller size
- Device container was slightly larger than expected/needed
Design Review MaterialsSubsystem Build and Test Prep Design Review Notes
Plans for next phase
During the next phase we plan to...
- Complete subsystem build and test prep
- Complete subsystem testing