Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test PhaseTeam goal was to complete subsystem build of Hinge device, and show forward movement with electronics design.
Design PickDesign Pick
Design 1 New Component DrawingsSTRUT, FLAT
The electronic subsystem design has not changed since the previous phase, but implementation of the design has been slower than expected. Several subject matter experts are being consulted on the issues experienced by the team. These problems are outlined in the Problem Tracking document below.
The following blockages have been identified:
- Several demo projects provided by TI are missing dependencies or do not work as advertised.
- Subject matter expert availability and response times were limited.
- Several versions of required libraries have slowed production because of the need to identify the appropriate selection before forward progress can be made. This also includes several different recommended compiler versions for the embedded program.
The following remedies are in the process of being implemented in order to address the aforementioned blockages.
- Breadth of subject matter experts increased. Contact with TI representatives locally has been made.
- E2E, TI's support system is being utilized in order to identify and solve outstanding problems with example code.
- For the purposes of a viable subsystem demo, customer provided NetDuino and Bluetooth module will be revisited as temporary measures so that the remainder of the project stays on schedule.
The following subsystem components have been delayed due to the blockages:
- Battery operation
- PCB design
- Precise resistor and capacitor value verification & implementation
The subsystem will continue to be developed pending discussion and review by the customer and guide to address possible alternatives to keep the project on track. The subsystem delivered for this phase will be the older version of the subsystem (NetDuino + BT UART module.)