Your team will hold a gate review with your guide at the end of each semester. This page should document any information needed for the review, as well as outcomes.
MSD I: Readiness to move to Build & Test
Action Items from Detailed Design Review
Heat Dissipation Analysis
MSD II Schedule
- Engineering Drawings for Assemblies - will complete over intersession
Currently, all items on the Bill of Materials total just over $650 (excluding shipping costs). The team does not anticipate having to purchase each component. Some materials will be available from supplies in the machine shop and labs, and many of the fasteners and other hardware are also available. If we are able to obtain some material and fasteners, this will likely knock our total cost to around $600, leaving a comfortable buffer for purchases during MSD II.
The team does not anticipate a long lead time for any of the specified components in the Bill of Materials. All components specified are common parts or material that are readily available.
Other Items Before Build & Test Phase
- Send .DWG files and work request forms to the Brinkman Lab for components to be cut using the water jet - once material is received over break
Overall, the team did not deviate significantly from this schedule, but some tasks were deemed unnecessary, or were pushed later due to priorities. All major tasks were accomplished on schedule.
Individual Responsibilities Review
- Jon - Project Manager
- Spent a lot of time planning, scheduling, reviewing
- Also branched into quite a bit of mechanical design
- Matt - Mechanical Design Lead
- Considerable amount of time spent on forming of soft actuators
- Shared mechanical design responsibilities with Jon, Giordan
- Giordan - Hydraulic Design Lead
- Ended up not being as much hydraulic work as expected
- Helped out with mechanical design, documentation
- Duy - Circuits Design Lead
- Created all electrical schematics
- Crossover with programming responsibilities
- Derek - Programming Lead, Purchasing
- Developed preliminary operation code
- Purchased many components necessary for design phase
- Crossover with circuit design responsibilities
Team Self Evaluation
MSD II: Project close-out
- Use this space to organize information for your review. Key elements are listed here